What does it take for us to get to the point where we finally say “I need to make a dramatic change to improve my health.”?
It’s not easy for us to admit that we’ve been winging it health-wise. We get busy, lazy, and easily distracted and ignore the fact that we need to make a desperate change for the better. We become submissive to our willpower, succumb to temptations, and end up eating what we shouldn’t, then we overindulge and delve into laziness! Simply because we have no plan of action to get us started or to keep us going.
Have you ever tried to start a self-care regime but then ended it quickly because you let daily stresses and bad habits take over? I know how it is to think “I will get started on taking care of myself tomorrow… or next week… because right now I am going to eat this donut!”
As a procrastinator myself, I know that what actually happens is that next week comes around and I’ve not even begun to get started, because getting fast food on the run and being a couch potato is much easier. And it’s all because we haven’t yet readied our mindset to begin a better way of existing.
For many people, taking care of themselves is time consuming. It is way too easy to abuse eating the right way. Taking vitamins is just one more thing to do and exercising is hard to fit into our busy lives. Sound familiar?
Trust me, I’ve been there, I am there, and I get it!
So, If you are one of the many people stuck in a bad cycle of abusing your health, what do you do? How do you break the bad cycle and where do you begin to make it better? I want to help you to have a place to start, with a plan that you can stick with and to be able to fall back on if or when the bad habits set back in.
I’m not going to bore you with all of the technical and physical reasons of why you should eat better, exercise, and drink 8 glasses of water a day, so on and so forth, because you already know that! Right? You’ve already heard it and read about it over and over!
I would, however, like to motivate you to start your new self-care habits by helping you to make a plan ahead of time. That way, you can be on your way to starting a life-long habit of extreme self care!
Examining The Who, What, When, Where, How, And Why To Getting To A Healthier You!
This is the beginnings of setting a goal for yourself. Genuinely answer the question “Why” you want this change to take place. Write down your answers and refer back to it when you need to. We all have different reasons to want better health.
Do you want to get better health because you are packing on a few extra pounds, or maybe you a have been getting out of breath when you walk a significant distance? Or perhaps you simply want to turn back a few years to feel younger and more vibrant? For me, my reason is for my first grandchild who is on his way. I want to embrace this well-awaited journey with health, balance, and a lot of energy — plus to not look and feel like a grandma.
We all have different reasons for wanting better health. You may have one particular reason or a whole list. Remember, it is not always about weight, though that is possibly a good part of it, along with exercising, stretching, and finding time to relax with some well-needed R&R!
A healthier way of living is an ongoing need for every one of us. It is simply feeling better health-wise and being mindful of how you treat yourself! It is about having more energy, or possibly conquering depression or anxiety. It is about living a higher quality of life for yourself and for those who love you.
Get Started By Asking Yourself These Six Questions
Write your answers down (some examples are included). Personally, I like to make notes of things like this in my cell phone.
- WHO?: Who do I want to have support me during this transitional change? Or, would I rather keep this journey to myself and do it on my own? Another “Who” question could be “Who am I doing this for?” (i.e. my first grandchild on the way.)
- WHAT?: What do I need to have on hand to help me in this process?(i.e. fruit, blender, yoga mat and yoga DVD, etc.)
- WHEN?: When do I plan to start this? (i.e. I will start on my next day off as to get started without stress and distractions.)
- WHERE?: Where do I see my self a few months from now? (i.e. balanced, rested, thinner, and stronger.)
- HOW?: How will I go about this transition? (i.e. I will change my eating habits to the following… I will make my exercise habits as the following… I will balance my inner self by…)
- WHY?: Why am I doing this? (i.e. I want to feel fit like I was in my younger years, healthier, more energized, able to keep up with demands and stresses.)
- Your answers may not be as condensed as my general examples above.
- We all have different answers to these questions.
- We all have different reasons for wanting to become healthier.
- Your answers and reasons may change in the future!
If, or when you get off track health-wise, refer back to these six questions and answers to get yourself started once again.
Get started A.S.A.P. without procrastinating! Go to the grocery store to get what you need. If you have https://www.viagrapascherfr.com/viagra-feminin-pas-cher/ decided to, get support from your family and let them know you have a change in the process. Plus, tell them not to judge or criticize you! Make your plans and get excited about it!
Remember to consult with your physician if you deem it necessary. Most importantly, let your reason “why” drive you through!